Coconut chutney is one of the main and easily prepared side dish for Breakfast. It goes well with most of the breakfast menu like Dosa/Dosai, Idli, Pongal, Uthappam, Vada/Vadai, Upma, Kichadi. I always prefer coconut chutney for crispy dosa. Chutney can be made easily in few minutes as very few ingredients are used. Coconut is a natural and good source of essential fatty acid which helps the body tissue to work properly.
Coconut chutney can be made in number of varieties.. It is so simple that i thought why would i need to post this recipe as everyone know it already. Then I realized how would starters learn if they didn’t get the recipe. Nowadays most of the youngsters move away from family for work. For them this is the first step to learn cooking as their own.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Coconut – ½
Green Chillies – 2 nos.
Ginger – ½ inch
Salt – to taste
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Curry leaves – few
Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Take ½ of coconut out from the shell and slice it into small pieces.
- Peel the skin of ginger and remove the stalk of Chillies.
- Wash ginger and green chillies. Keep it aside
- Add coconut, green chillies, ginger, salt to mixie jar and grind it.
- Open the lid add some water for smooth paste. Shift it to a bowl.
- Heat oil in a frying pan add mustard & curry leaves.
- Add tempering to the chutney.
- Mix well and serve.
This recipe is for people who have no time to cook or in some hurry. There are few other variants in coconut chutney. Soon, will post different varieties of coconut chutney. You can also make some alterations in coconut chutney.
- Add ¼ cup of gram dhaal to grind.
- Urad dhaal can be added in tempering.
- Chop 1 or 2 shallots, add this to tempering.
- Let it turn to brown colour before adding to chutney.
- While grinding coconut add 1 strand of curry leaves to it.
You may Like it : Onion Chutney